Skip to main content

It's nearly Christmas! Bling the sh*t out of it!

It's that time. Christmas organising time.  I do love me a bit of gold and bling around the homestead and I've settled on gold and rose for this years theme. I'm not sure that we'll be entertaining the masses as per usual but I've placed my order for the turkey which is the size of a small cow. I'm certain we'll be able to polish it off, though. 

Which brings me onto the third most important item on the list of things to do. Find that Christmas outfit.  I’m not too good with accessories. I can do a scarf if it's cold.  I’ve one of those of stacks which contain all of my jewels..not that I wear any. 

My wedding ring is somewhere under the floorboards in our last house and my engagement ring is in the stacked jewellery box missing half the diamond chips but still retaining its sapphire! BH spent a whole weeks wages on it many moons ago so it needs to be kept safe.

The wedding ring I bought myself because BH forgot to get one prior to the wedding so I ran out on the morning of the wedding to buy one! 

Shitster! 

When I get dressed in the morning, my face is my priority. Do I look tired? Can I make it through the day without looking like a corpse? What colour shall I wear? I know...black! Jewels and bling? Forget it. I can barely work out what shoes to put on!

I do however, like a bit of bling on my clothes. Most of my wardrobe is practical and suitable for purpose (walking the dogs, sitting on my bum, watching copious amounts of series catch ups. Think I've done the lot!) but after watching Schitt's Creek (OMG...loved that show and heartbroken it’s finished! I'm pretty sure I'm Moira. I'd like to be Alexis, but sadly I'm way too ugly.) I knew I needed the Diane Von Furstenburg Layla ensemble that Alexis Rose was wearing. It would be perfect for Christmas.

If I see something I like on the little screen, very often I’ll go a hunting. I become obsessed. Searched and searched for that little number at a reasonable price.  Sadly, it wasn’t to be. It’s way out of my price range and I could only find it in the US. You’d think there’s more in my life at the moment than thinking of summer dresses, wouldn’t you? It's winter and I'm no where near a beach or will be in the foreseeable future AND the indisputable fact that we’re in a lock down AND I’m jobless! However, paired with the sequinned trousers I spoke about in my last post (clicky here!)

I'm pretty handy with paint. I've painted my house. I've an eye for colour and design so I thought I'd give one of my dresses a little make over, with the confidence I could achieve a very similar effect.  I mean, how hard could it be? It wasn't as if the gold was positioned in a uniform fashion. Splash on a bit of fabric paint and I'd be good to go.  


Picking the dress wasn't too difficult. I'd pulled out a few I thought might be up to the job and the one I'd bought it in the summer looked like it could be the one that needed a bit of bling. It was lovely and cool for the steamy summer days or hot turkey cooking. What could go wrong?


It seems....a lot! 


 Heartbreaking....truly heartbreaking.


It looks like I've handled a very upset baby with a very, very suspect tummy! 


Not the best idea I've ever had.  My confidence always far outweighs my abilities. 


The only place for it now? The bin!  


What are your fashion fails? Do share and we can all have a laugh!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber bullying? Where do we go?

I watched something quite awful unfold on Twitter last week, and I began to wonder whether we are being a little bit too open about our personal lives?  I have nothing to hide about my personal life (except my identity!), and  my personal details are there for all to see. There are "crazies" out there, that we can be sure of, but I never expected to see such vitriolic abuse targeted at one individual. To cut a long story short, an individual, for reasons of their own decided to target a particular lady who had been campaigning and raising awareness for different charitable groups.  This lady had been open and honest and had suffered her own personal tragedy, but for some reason " the crazy" had decided that she was a charlatan.  Over a period of a week her "friends" had become the subject of a barrage mad tweets and saw the lady being reduced to a  quivering wreck and trying to explain to friends what had happened in a very moving audio boo .  Subsequent

My au-pair's a dustman...well she's not really... she's a ho!

My au pair Miriam , is a beautiful sultry girl from the Slovak Republic or Slovakia as it is most commonly known. Most of the girls that have lived with us either come from Slovakia or the Czech Republic.  I've chosen them in particular because they have the "family values" that I want for my family.  I know that I can't tar everyone with the same brush, it's just that it has worked for me. However...Miriam is the exception to the rule.  Miriam is sensual; Miriam languishes; she loves burning candles and incense sticks. She loves long, bubbly baths with big fluffy towels.  Miriam walks the dogs in stilettos (how?), and loves my red lipstick (on her!) Miriam loves MTV.  Miriam loves raiding my wardrobe, and Miriam loves men...all men! As was usual for a Sunday early evening we had all settled down to watch a movie. Mimi was in bed and the boys were snuggled up on the sofa with BH.  Ben , (22 and stunning!), was on the other sofa, with his laptop researching with